[cups.general] 1.4.7 vs 1.5.0

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Sat Jun 18 22:22:18 PDT 2011

On Jun 18, 2011, at 7:53 PM, Paul wrote:
> Just a general question (2 parts) so I can keep my migration strategy up to date.
> 1.  being that 1.5.0 is already a release canidate, will 1.4.7 ever be released or will it just be rolled into 1.5.0

1.4.7 *will* be released soon.

> 2.  If 1.4.7 and 1.5.0 will both be released, will the 1.4.7 changes be in 1.5.0?  The 3 issues i'm most concerned with are as follows.

Yes, all of these are included.

In general, fixes for the current stable release branch are applied first to the development branch (trunk) for the next feature release. The only exceptions are things that are a) already fixed in trunk or b) no longer applicable to trunk. So you'll never have a feature release that doesn't include a fix from a prior stable release.