[cups.general] reset JOB ID

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Jun 21 09:49:27 PDT 2011

Volker,

The maximum job ID is 2^31-1. If you reach this limit cupsd will just wrap around negative to -2^31.

If you want to reset the job ID to 1, stop cupsd, empty /var/spool/cups, remove the job.cache file from /var/cache/cups or /var/spool/cups/cache (Mac OS X), and then start cupsd. Note that this will purge all job history and any active jobs will be lost...