[cups.general] Bad device-uri scheme

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Jun 21 14:20:11 PDT 2011

On Jun 16, 2011, at 1:06 AM, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> About the process_children(). It might be that something wrong on
> "ARM" or wherever, but the question is more like this: Why doesn't
> cups report the error properly ?

Sadly, when things go wrong in the OS the software running on the OS may not be able to report things. In particular, it doesn't look like the exec() is working from cupsd (maybe a bad install of CUPS?) but the preflight checks we run to verify that the program is there and executable aren't catching it. Then once the child process exits we are getting multiple notifications of it, leading me to believe the whole system is hosed.

What Linux distribution are you running on this thing?