[cups.general] Kerberos in CUPS 1.5

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Jun 21 14:42:57 PDT 2011

I'm still working on the updated Kerberos documentation, but in short the new implementation of Kerberos in CUPS no longer depends on delegation of credentials. Instead, when you print to a Kerberized queue we run the IPP backend as the printing user so you no longer need any special network configuration on the client to make things work - if you can run "kinit" (or the equivalent) then it will "just work". A similar change will need to happen in Samba.

A side-effect of the new implementation is that we no longer support Kerberized "relay" queues, e.g.: CUPS -> CUPS -> Windows (SMB), but they never worked reliably anyways...