[cups.general] reset JOB ID

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Jun 22 05:42:28 PDT 2011

Hello,

On Jun 22 04:32 volker kautz wrote (excerpt):
> I checked my suse linux installation but I couldn't find a job.cache file.
> The mentioned path /var/cache/cups is empty.
> Removing all the files from /var/spool/cups allone wasn't enough to
> reset job ID to 1.

For me it works exactly as described by Michael Sweet:
root at host# head -n3 /var/cache/cups/job.cache
# Job cache file for CUPS v1.4.6
# Written by cupsd on 2011-06-08 14:06
NextJobId 123

root at host# rccups stop
Shutting down cupsd                        done

root at host# rm -r /var/spool/cups

root at host# rm /var/cache/cups/job.cache

root at host# rccups start
Starting cupsd                             done

root at host# echo Hello | lp -d testy
request id is testy-1 (0 file(s))

root at host# head -n3 /var/cache/cups/job.cache
# Job cache file for CUPS v1.4.6
# Written by cupsd on 2011-06-22 14:37
NextJobId 2

root at host# find /var/spool/cups