Cover printing

Joseph Reeves joseph.reeves at thehumanjourney.net
Mon Jun 27 06:48:13 PDT 2011

> Joseph Reeves wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > We've got a Kyocera KM5050 printing that will print cover pages and follow
> > on sheets from the Windows driver - we'd like to reproduce this with CUPS.
> > Unfortunately we haven't made it work.
> >
> > Presumably there's a section in a ppd file that we can copy to enable this
> > functionality, but we've not seen any examples.
> >
> > Is "cover page" and "follow on" the correct terminology we should be
> > using?
> >
> > Thanks, Joseph
>
> Look at the job-sheets option and how to set the respective defaults using
> lpadmin and/or lpoptions commands.
>
> Helge

Thanks,

I've been looking at the InputSlot options - is AP_FIRSTPAGE_InputSlot-default still a usable option? I've run:

sudo lpadmin -p Kyocera_KM-5050 -o AP_FIRSTPAGE_InputSlot-default=PF700A

But this doesn't give me a firstpage option. I can only change the options of the existing InputSlot/Media Source line.

Thanks again, Joseph