[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3294: modification for rastertolable to support SATO label printers

Magnus Wibeck magnus.wibeck at se.satoeurope.com
Tue Jun 21 02:07:49 PDT 2011

[STR New]

Johannes - Thanks, I have a working 'rastertosbpl' filter based on the
rastertolabel filter and a ppd that enables setting of resolution, paper
size, speed, darkness, and horizontal/vertical offset.

I used the <G>H command, just converting the raster to hex nibbles. If you
used something faster or optimized anything, I'm very much interested.

Helge - Thanks. I'm guessing using PCX would be more efficient than <G>H.
I'm not aware of the (other) potential differences of a pstoXXX kind of
filter, compared to a rastertolabel filter, but I could make some tests if
you are interested in contributing.

I think we'd like to include support for SATO printers in the
rastertolabel filter, since they are label printers.

Regards,
/Magnus Wibeck

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3294
Version:  -feature