[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3872: Do not allow more than one cupsd to run using same config file

Paul Conklin paul.conklin at cerner.com
Thu Jun 23 14:31:08 PDT 2011

[STR New]

Have cupsd check to see if there already is a cupsd running using the same
config file, if there is, do not start.  I know myself and others have
seen "oddness" by more than just myself that was caused by multiple
cupsd's running.  I realize you allow it to be sandboxed and run multiple
cupsd's, but I do not see a reason you would need multiple cupsd's running
with the same config file as they would step on each other.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3872
Version:  -feature