Cups not able see new added printer

Alok Pandey alok.padey at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 12:58:59 PST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to configure network printer on Cups running on linux.
By mistake , I've added same printer Q twice and soon after restarting cups, i lost my most of added printer Q. ( only 23 visible out of 56).

I removed duplicated printer Q entry  directly by editing file ( as duplicate printer Q was not visible through http page) and tried to reload the cups service but still no luck, same 23 print Q were visible, although /etc/cups/printers.conf have 56 entry.

I tried below things to fix it but failed:
1:- Removed all file under /var/cache/cups
2:- Removed /etc/printcap file

Let me know how to fix it and also if you need any details other than provided below:-

Os: RHEL 5.5 (VM) 32 bit
Cups:cups-1.3.7-18.el5_5.8

Any pointer/link/suggestion is welcome..