HP LaserJet M1212nf MFP

Len Lopez len at anvika.com
Tue Mar 8 03:10:17 PST 2011

Using CUPS 1.2.4 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2

We have two HP LaserJet M1212nf MFP printers. I cannot find the correct driver listed. Usually I use another that works, but in this case I fail to get anything working at all. Initially the printer kept reinitialising as soon as I printed from a wrong driver. After a firmware upgrade, the printer just chooses to ignore any requests to print.

Does anyone know if there is a suitable one or a way of obtaining a PPD file? I downloaded hplip-3.11.1_rhel-5.0.i386.rpm from hplipopensource.com, but I don't know what to do with it.