HP Laserjet P1102 doesn't print

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 15:22:34 PST 2011

> > > Hello CUPS Experts,
> > >
> > > I still need help with my printer (it still doesn't print)
> > > Current status:
> > > Printer: HP Lasejet P1102
> > > Computer OS: Linux Debian Squeeze
> > > CUPS Version 1.4.6
> > > HPLIP Version 3.10.6-2 (version 3.11.1 refused to install).
> > >
> > > HELP! HELP! HELP!
> > >
> > > Jedrek
> >
> > HELP! HELP! HELP!
> >
> > If there is anything i could do to start printing, please tell me.
> > There has to be a way...
> > My problem with printing is in the computer, and not in a printer, so maybe some hardcopying of data, or something...
> > (I'll propably find it hard to belive in woo-doo and Black magic :))) but, who knows...)
> >
> > HELP! HELP! HELP!
> >
> > Jedrek
>
> This is getting really crazy:
> "Printing Failed. Too many failed attempts."
> Now the printer won't print, because... it won't even try!!!
>
> I do realize, i should have learned at school, bus some things they just don't tell you at school! You have to TRY for yourself.
>
> How do I fix this?

There is some firmware, coming from HP, which has to be loaded on to the printer.
So first, the printer should be switched on, BEFORE starting computer.
Unfortunately this firmware loads, automatically every time we start up the system. This problem applies to this range of laser printers and I first encountered this with the 1010, but I believe it applies to a range of printers.
I am sorry to be a bit vague here but when I encountered the problem, somehow I made it happen.