Can't connect to GUI: getting invalid host message

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Fri Mar 11 10:14:39 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm setting up a CUPS server at a satellite campus. When I try to connect to the GUI from my desktop, I get the following message:

Request from "10.219.255.249" using invalid Host: field "lovejoy.linfield.edu:631"

lovejoy.linfield.edu is the FQDN of the CUPS server.

/etc/cups/cupsd.conf is configured with:

Listen localhost:631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
Listen lovejoy.linfield.edu:631

The CUPS version is: cups-1.4.6-1.fc14.i686.  I'm running an older version of cupsd on our main server, and that same configuration works just fine (allowing for the correct FQDN, of course).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob Tanner
Linfield College