Lines being wrapped to new line

derick de waal ddewaal at tfd.co.za
Mon Mar 14 05:52:00 PDT 2011

> >> You need to tell more details on how these printers are configured in
> >> CUPS, ans what version of CUPS you are using.
> >>
> >> Helge
> >>

> > Hi Helge.
> > I have installed Cups 1.3.7.
> > I have connected to the printers via IP's on cups. Test pages print fine.
> > Jet printer is Xerox Workcentre 4150
> > Printer Driver: Xerox Generic
> > Device URI: socket://196.1.50.31
> > lpi=8 cpi=17 landscape=true
> >
> > Dot Matrix printer is Oki 395.
> > Printer Driver: Oki 24-Pin Series, 1.3
> > Device URI: socket://196.1.39.95
> > lpi=8 cpi=12
>
> I vaguely remember that the texttops filter had issues with line wrapping.
> Try the option
> wrap=false
> in addition.
>
> If that does not work, I could provide you with a line printer emulator
> written in PostScript (which I originally developed to print mainframe print
> jobs to A4 paper).
>
> Helge

Hi Helge.
I have tried the wrap=false option however it did not work. I also tried the following with no success.

Turning Off Text Wrapping

The -o nowrap option disables wrapping of long lines:

lp -o nowrap filename
lpr -o nowrap filename

If you could provide me with the line printer emulator I would appreciate it.
My mail adress is ddewaal at tfd.co.za
Kind Regards
Derick.