[cups.general] How to find ipp printers by command line

Berend De Schouwer berend.deschouwer at ucs-software.co.za
Tue Mar 15 00:34:59 PDT 2011

On 14/03/2011 11:41, Stefen Tran wrote:
> I have a printer connected to printing server with ip address is 192.168.100.100
>
> thanh at ivc:~$ lpinfo -h 192.168.100.100 -v
> network ipp
>
> As you saw that, there is only usb & hp uri, but I need ipp uri.

If network browsing isn't switched on, it won't be listed.  It does list
network ipp, though.

The URI will be ipp://192.168.100.100/printers/PRINTER_NAME where
PRINTER_NAME is the name of the printer you want.

The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential information of UCS Group and/or its subsidiaries.  Any review, use or dissemination thereof by anyone other than the intended addressee is prohibited.  If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer immediately and destroy the e-mail.  UCS Group Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no liability for unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.