[cups.general] PsToPs option list

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Mar 22 12:27:11 PDT 2011

On Mar 22, 2011, at 9:32 AM, Ron Van Aken wrote:
> We are looking to invoke PsToPs filter with different options.

First, what are you trying to do? The pstops filter is not designed for use outside of the CUPS environment.

> The usage output only shows the general arguments, of which options is a single argument.

The format is space-deliminated values of the form "name", "noname", or "name=value", where the value can be quoted or contain a collection of sub-values ("name={param1=value1 param2=value2}"). For backwards compatibility to the old System V printing system, "name" corresponds to "name=true" and "noname" corresponds to "name=false".

The options are actually IPP attributes (RFC 2911 and others) or PPD keyword pairs.  The help file on your system is a good place to start:

    http://localhost:631/help/options.html

The CUPS Design Description will give you an overview of CUPS:

    http://localhost:631/help/spec-design.html

There is also a man page on filters:

    man 7 filter