[cups.general] Search in Printers: Clear Showing 2 of 2 printers. Sort Descending OfficeJet-R40xi "/usr/lib/cups/backend/lpd failed"

John Meshkoff johnpipe at sonic.net
Tue Mar 22 19:31:48 PDT 2011

Hello,

Added printer OfficeJet-R40xi, but I can't find any clear info in the
cups help for the format for the device uri for this printer in cups.
Parallel port only interface is available on this printer.

I tried printing the cups test-page but no output to the printer.

cups 1.2.6
johnpipe:$ uname -a
Linux linus.inet 2.6.18.5 #2 SMP PREEMPT Sat Dec 9 19:01:25 MST 2006
i586 k6-2 i386 GNU/Linux

Vector Linux 5.8

Make and Model: HP OfficeJet R40 Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)

Tried lpd:/dev/lp0, but maybe this is incorrect format?

What is the correct format for a parallel-port printer device URI?

Thanks, John

--
He who sees all beings in the Self, and the Self in all beings, hates
none -- Isha Upanishad

http://www.sivakalpa.org  http://www.sonic.net/~johnpipe/