[cups.general] Zebra printer Paper Error state and jobs still go through

Berend De Schouwer berend.deschouwer at ucs-software.co.za
Fri Mar 25 00:09:34 PDT 2011

On 24/03/2011 00:03, JakeBurhls wrote:
> I have a Zebra printer that goes into a paper out error state and CUPS seems to ignore the Zebra printer's error state condition and sends the jobs to the printer clearing it's queue when it should just hold the jobs rather than clear the the queue. This causes my Zebra printer to fill up it's printer buffer and also causes it to lose partial print jobs. So my question is there a way to hold the print job or have a timeout setting that holds the printer job at a longer period of time i.e. longer than 2 minutes to allow more time to clear the paper out error on my printer?

Only if the printer reports paper out correctly (in which case it should
work by default).  I've got a couple of HP LaserJets that don't report
paper out either.  Does Cups know that the printer has an error?  When
the printer is out of paper, can you still send data to port 9100?

I apologise for the disclaimer,

The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential information of UCS Group and/or its subsidiaries.  Any review, use or dissemination thereof by anyone other than the intended addressee is prohibited.  If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer immediately and destroy the e-mail.  UCS Group Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no liability for unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.