Unable to print to HiTi 630PS

chris klinger hamhubert at juno.com
Sun May 1 17:39:48 PDT 2011

I have installed HiTi 630PS USB printer per manufacturer's instructions, using connection  usb://HiTi/630PS 630PS.ppd provided by HiTi.

When I attempt to print, after several seconds the lamp on the printer will blink, its drive motor is operated (for just an instant), then nothing. Some moments later, the job will appear in the "completed jobs" list, appended "Unable to write print data: Input/output error"

Any insight, anyone? TIA

Linux 2.6.35.11-83.fc14.i686 on Sempron 2400 in KDE desktop