Require group directives not working

Logan Anteau logan.anteau at eng.utoledo.edu
Thu May 5 12:51:38 PDT 2011

I work for college computing for the College of Engineering at our University and I'm trying to migrate our printing server from the Solaris print server to CUPS. I want to use the CUPS web interface, and require authentication to use it. The problem is all of our users are not local users, they are LDAP users.

I tried to use a Require user @mygroup or Require group mygroup for the /admin location. My user is part of "mygroup" yet I get a 403 Forbidden error when I authenticate. I'm assuming this is because "mygroup" is an LDAP group, not a system group. However, what I find interesting is that 'Require user <myuser>" does work when I authenticate. So CUPS recognizes LDAP users but not LDAP groups?

I'm stumped on where to go from here on this. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks