can a bad .ppd be repaired? Any guides or tutorials??

Paul paul.conklin at cerner.com
Fri May 6 15:18:34 PDT 2011

per the magic of Gooogle...
http://driverscollection.com/?aid=406679302925348f4dde5d4f3b9

i make no guarentees as to if it will work.  You also might look in whatever you downloaded.  that will be the name w/no extension.  you also might do a find on your system to see if you have it in the wrong place, it should be (I'm RHEL 5.3) /usr/lib/cups/filter/ for the ppd to work.depending on what preceededs the cupsFilter line in the PPD you might have to register some custom MIME Types or Conversions.

Hope that helps.