How to install 1.4.6 on a PPC Mac

plasticmoonrain at yahoo.com plasticmoonrain at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 20:26:29 PDT 2011

> On May 7, 2011, at 11:41 AM, plasticmoonrain at yahoo.com wrote:
> > How do I install version 1.4.6 on a PPC Mac running OSX 10.4.1?
>
> In general, you don't. Using anything other than the 1.1.23 that is included with 10.4.x is a) unsupported and b) going to cause you random issues since the 10.4.x UI and printer drivers make certain assumptions that are no longer true in newer versions of CUPS.
>
> What are you trying to accomplish?

I am trying to get my Magicolor 2300DL printer to work with my Mac. I've gone as far as going through the famous install.osx document on making sure all software is installed, etc. However, when I run a test print, the printer driver reads: ""The process "foomatic-rip" stopped unexpectedly with status 1."

I currently am using CUPS v.1.2.23.

You can follow my situation here: http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/forum/read.php?13,2943

THANKS.