cups simply stops

jim jhull at atmi.com
Wed May 11 06:01:23 PDT 2011

First I must say I am not a Unix expert..... with that said...

I've been having an issue where cups randomly stops and needs to be restarted.  I have turned on level 2 debugging for CUPS and the only message which seems to correlate to cups stopping is "Remote destination "Samsung_SCX_4200_Series" has timed out; deleting it.." after which cups needs to be restarted.

The thing is, I don't even have a Samsung printer so I don't understand where this is coming from.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.