Only one job queueing between cups queues

David Hobley david.hobley at mionegroup.com
Mon May 16 16:45:43 PDT 2011

[ Sorry - incorrectly sent this to the dev list, and can't see how to delete it from there ]

I have a network whereby one machine can't see a specific printer, so I have set up the queues on the first machine to point to a cups on a second machine which can see the printer. All this is working.

The issue I have is that if I have 25 jobs queued in the cups print queue on the first machine, it is drip feeding 1 job at a time to the cups print queue on the second machine. Once that job has finished printing, it will send the next job.

Is there any way to ensure that the second machine can accept all the jobs in the queue from the first machine as the time taken to print would be massively reduced if we could queue them all on the second machine while the printing is happening?

Cheers,
David