HP Laserjet P4015 300 second delay before job is removed from queue.

Brandon warcraftthreeft at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 17 12:30:35 PDT 2011

I just bought a new HP Laserjet P4015 DN. When I try to print to it through cups it prints the job immediately. However, it doesn't remove itself from the queue until exactly 300 seconds after the job was inserted. I tried to set the timeout in the config to 20 seconds, but it had no effect. This 300 second delay delays the other jobs in the queue.

This doesn't happen with other (older) printers like the HP Laserjet 4350.

I'm using Cups 1.3.7.

If I print directly to the printer it prints fine with multiple print jobs though.