Landscape problems with Epson SX125

A.J.Randall s10sp1221 at earthlink.net
Sun May 22 12:31:29 PDT 2011

> when I try to use the landscape option to print PDF/ps/doc files the result is a close to not readable page. I mean... chars are more larger than high whichever type of char I use.

> If I use the portrait option everything is OK.

> Printer: Epson SX125
> Driver: Epson NX115
> SO: Linux

 I have exactly the same problem, except with an Epson 880 printer. In Landscape mode, character height is reduced by 50%, and character widths are doubled, so that they overlap each other. The result is essentially unreadable.

 I am using Cups 1.4.6, with driver stp-escp2-880.5.2.ppd.gz in Open SUSE 11.4 on an x86_64 machine.

 This problem appeared with the upgrade to the new operating system version. Fortunately, I retain a copy of an earlier system that functions correctly.