[cups.general] Leak in 1.3.7?

ALi osatien at gmail.com
Mon May 23 13:31:07 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 3:56 PM, ALi <osatien at gmail.com> wrote:
> i will try a new version when i can ... (when i have time), i will tell you
>
> Thank you

The client is asking what version needs to install, we are using 1.3.7-8.el5
and we can install 1.3.7-26.el5_6.1

do you think that the leak with file descriptors will be "cleared" in
that version?

i have been searching for the bugs fixed in that version and i havent
seen anything related to leak raw file descriptos .... only to avc
calls . Will these be the bug?

The client suggests to upgrade the whole instalation to support
1.4.2-35 but i dont know if the "leak" that causes my system to stop
will be fixed in it.

i will re-explain the "bug" again. We are printing fast every day
45000 job per day and 2 machine.

we are printing well until a month that the average response time of
using acroread and (lp -d ) increases and the system starts to begin
corrupt ..... the cups need much more time to execute querys (lpstat
for example) and we have to restart the cups, and sometimes the whole
system.we can not execute commands in the machine, but these can be
other consecuences of the slow time. Because we use ssh to access to
the machines to create printers .... because we dont know how to
create a printer in four machines at the same time.