A fix for IE and the Admin page of CUPS...

Paul paul.conklin at cerner.com
Wed May 25 09:21:43 PDT 2011

so, I started looking through the code and I found a really easy fix for the CUPS WI when adding a printer (for those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, the web page shows 2. 1 stacked on top of the other and "appears" to hang

in cgi-bin\html.c

remove this line

	 strstr(user_agent, " MSIE ") != NULL ||

that forces it back to a single part document per the header above it

   /*
    * CUPS STR #3049: Apparently some browsers don't support multi-part
    * documents, which makes them useless for many web sites.  Rather than
    * abandoning those users, we'll offer a degraded single-part mode...
    *
    * Currently we know that anything based on Gecko, MSIE, and Safari all
    * work.  We'll add more as they are reported/tested.
    */

Michael, I know someone had logged this as a "bug" at some point, but someone else had pointed out that it was actually a problem with IE.  I don't know if it is worthwile, but if this could get into 1.4.7 (which i believe you said would be out soon) that would be great, if not I know what to fix before I make an RPM.