[cups.general] Cups printing issue - imagetops failed

Laszlo Papp djszapi at archlinux.us
Thu May 26 06:30:59 PDT 2011

Hi,

I would like to figure out the following issue. The printing works
just fine on one PC, but it does not really work from my phone. (same
ppd, network printer, cups, et cetera). My biggest problem is that,
even if I set the LogLevel to debug in the cups, the
/var/log/cups/error_log file does not really tell me anything more
accurate about the imagetops failed issue that can be seen below. Any
idea what the problem can be and how I could debug it further on ?

1) grep -rn LogLevel /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
10:LogLevel debug

2) lpadmin -p test -v lpd://172.21.36.88/ps -E && lpadmin -p t
est -P /etc/cups/ppd/security-default.ppd && lp -d test /home/user/avatar.jpeg
request id is test-21 (1 file(s))

3) printer test disabled since Thu 26 May 2011 04:23:14 PM EEST -
       /usr/lib/cups/filter/imagetops failed

I am now attaching my ppd file. That ppd file works just fine on the
desktop computer.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp