CUPS - Windows 64 Bit Client Support

Mark Bourne mbourne7 at csc.com
Wed May 11 06:10:49 PDT 2011

> On May 6, 2011, at 5:08 AM, Mark Bourne wrote:
> > Is there any plans for future development of CUPS to support Windows 7 64 bit clients and if there is can you let me know the timescales please.
>

> Do you mean a 64-bit CUPS Windows driver or ???
>
> Current SVN has a 64-bit driver, and cupsaddsmb supports 64-bit drivers as well.

Hi Michael,

We can add the print queues from our CUPS print servers fine from our Windows 7 32 bit clients and they print no problems. However, we are starting to provide our use base with Windows 7 64 bit clients. I have added the 64 bit drivers to our CUPS print queues (virtual widnows print server queues) but when the 64 bit clients tries to add a print queue to their PC it sits there trying to install the driver and then fails with error 'unable to connect to printer'. Do you have any idea why this is happening ?  Thanks Mark