CUPS filter argv[4]="1" always for shared printers

keens312 keens312 at hotmail.com
Mon May 16 22:51:22 PDT 2011

Hi Michael,

Could you please help to confirm if its a CUPS issue or OSX issue?

I have an color USB printer which is using CUPS driver.
I shared it in system preference of OSX 10.6.7.
In another Mac OSX, Open a multi-page doc with TextEdit.
The default copies number is 1, change it to 2 or larger.
Print it
Observe the CUPS log on the first Mac OSX 10.6.7.
Actual result:
The console shows that [Job x] argv[4]="1".
Expected result:
The argv[4] should be consistent with the copy number in PDE of the second Mac.

This results to a problem that the printer can only print one copy in this case.

Thanks
Keene