ErrorPolicy The-Show-Must-Go-On-!

Steve Bergman sbergman27 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 09:38:48 PDT 2011

I am using CUPS 1.3.9 and have a number of printers connected, via IPP, over a sometimes-unreliable WAN link. I have the printers set up with ErrorPolicy abort-job. When there is an error, I would like for CUPS to abort the current job and move on to the next one. Under no circumstances to I ever want CUPS to disable a printer. We had the WAN do down yesterday, and CUPS disabled all the remote printers.

The error_log reports, e.g.: "Unable to locate printer 'dal-svclaser-pr.dallasdomain'!"

Is there something I can change to get my desired behavior?

Thanks,
Steve Bergman