Restrict printers detected from network

Christian Hilty christian.hilty at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 00:23:20 PST 2011

Hi,
is there a way to restrict a CUPS client to browse only a specified set of CUPS servers in order to automatically detect printers? - I have found various commands that seem to restrict outgoing browse requests on a server. However, what I would like to do is the opposite. We have a large number of CUPS servers in our network, most of which contain printers that I would never use. Therefore, I would like to configure my clients to browse only "my" servers for printers.
Thanks,
Christian Hilty