[cups.general] Konica Minolta bizhub C253 and authentication

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Wed Nov 16 07:51:18 PST 2011

Hi,

in my job we have a Konica Minolta bizhub C253 that requires that user
authenticate to print a job.

The windows driver could configure this option, but I have not be able to use
it in the GNU/Linux or MacOs version.

I have searched on the web and finally I got a page that target me [1], but I
cannot set this options on mu printer.

So, if I would like to activate a authenticate by job, I guess that I have to
modify something in the ppd file of in the cupsd.conf file?

Where can I set CUPS-Authenticate-Job parameter?

best regards,

Leo

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1530162
Linux User 152692