Barcode filter in Lion Server

Franz Klein franz.klein at telescore.com
Sat Nov 26 11:22:29 PST 2011

Hi,

while programming for about 20 years now I am completely new to unix and also to cups. On a fresh install of OS X Lion with server APP I am trying to get TBarCode/X Spool Filter working. While the manufacturer provides some installation hints in their manual all the Mac OS description seems to be sort of a transcript of a cups installation on SUSE Linux wit cups 1.1 or 1.2.

The manual is found at: http://www.tec-it.com/download/PDF/TBarCodeX10_Manual_EN.pdf
On Pages 49 and 50 they request some changes to files that do not even seem to exist on the current OSX Lion cups. All the filtering seems to be moved from one central file (in the older cups versions) into ppd files.

So is there anybody out there who has successfully implemented TBarCode/X as spool filter on any Mac with a more or less current cups version? Any help its much appreciated as i am totally stuck.

TIA
Franz