[cups.general] Why I can't install libcupsys2?

ctsuk ctsuk at innovc.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 09:26:06 PST 2011

Nicola <nicolaramoso at ...> writes:

> Hi,
> I need to install my Canon printer but the packages needs the dependency
"libcupsys2" for installing the drivers.
> But right now, after the last update of libcups (on Ubuntu 11.10), libcupsys2
was been removed and I can't
> re-install it, and now I can't use my printer!
> Someone knows a solution?
> Thanks.

I followed the instructions posted here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups/+bug/701856/comments/20

to unpack the .deb package, modify the dependency on libcupsys2 to one on
libcups2 and repackage the .deb package.

Worked a treat, but just note that step 6 is 'dpkg -b' not 'dpkb -b'.