Ubuntu Lucid upgrade to Cups 1.5

Alberto Matus a-matus at live.com
Tue Oct 4 16:23:26 PDT 2011

Hi all, Ubuntu Lucid by default on all my apt-get install - install CUPS 1.4.3
I wanted to upgrade because I'm trying to keep track on some accounting, but this current version counts every job as one page, n not the proper amount of pages.

I found this bug report: http://cups.org/str.php?L3887

I see it has been updated on the newer cups versions. I've tried compiling the new cups from the source but i've failed in installing properly. Can it be done through apt-get install? or do i need to compile manually. Any help on the steps taken would be appreciated...

Thanks