[cups.general] Zebra KR203.ppd fail

Staffan Fällström sfallstrom at zebra.com
Wed Oct 5 07:53:49 PDT 2011

Esteban Lopez <iorek666 at ...> writes:

> Hello
>
> I'm trying to work with a zebra's  KR203 kiosk printer. I downloaded the
zebra cups driver (V2) from cups's
http://archnemesis.co.uk/linux/cups/compiling-cups-zebra-ttp-support.

> Cups works fine and I can install the printer. Additionally to
instructions  I pasted the ppd files of driver
> in /usr/share/ppd/zebra
>
> Cups detect if I disconnect the printer or if it is connected.
>
> The problem is that if I print something The printer status is "printing
page1, 24% complete" And always
> stop in 24%
>
> I checked the ppd file in cups's testppd page.  I found many "Fail" messages
that I tried to fix. Now I only
> receive a one fail that I assume that is normal.
>
> Test Results for 'KR203.ppd'
>
> KR203.ppd: FAIL
>       **FAIL**  Missing cupsFilter file "rastertozebrakiosk"
>         WARN    Non-standard size name "p800x150"!
>                 REF: Page 187, section B.2.
>         WARN    Non-standard size name "p800x250"!
>                 REF: Page 187, section B.2.
>         WARN    Non-standard size name "p800x400"!
>                 REF: Page 187, section B.2.
>         WARN    Non-standard size name "p825x127"!
>                 REF: Page 187, section B.2.
>         WARN    Non-standard size name "p825x250"!
>                 REF: Page 187, section B.2.
>         WARN    Non-standard size name "p825x400"!
>                 REF: Page 187, section B.2.
>         WARN    Non-standard size name "p600x400"!
>                 REF: Page 187, section B.2.
>         WARN    Non-standard size name "p580x400"!
>                 REF: Page 187, section B.2.
>         WARN    DefaultBitsPerPixel has no corresponding options!
>         WARN    Eject shares a common prefix with EjectOptions
>                 REF: Page 15, section 3.2.
>
> rasterzebrakiosk was compiled and it is installed in /usr/lib/cups/filter
>
> I repeat this process using Debian(sid) source or zebra cups driver v1 but I
get always the same result.

> I'm using Debian 6 x386 machine with cups 1.5 (the lastest version).
>
> I don't have more ideas about how get it works. Could you help me??

Hi Esteban,
The KR203 require some firmware fixes to work with Linux. This firmware has
not yet been posted on zebra.com but it should be possible to get it from
Zebra Tech support.

Staffan