[cups.general] Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H and HP Color LaseJet 1500

Greg Sahli sahlgre at iit.edu
Tue Oct 11 12:47:27 PDT 2011

From: a_n_d_y <a_n_d_y at volja.net>
Subject: Re: [cups.general] Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H and HP Color LaseJet
     1500

Can someone please help me solve these problem?

 > > Hello,
 > >
 > > I have a serious problem,  spent many hours (days) to get my
printer to work over my router, without success, please give me some
instructions.

(http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/cups_1.4.4-1_ar71xx.ipk)

http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/foo2zjs.tar.gz - NOT RUNNING  :-(((

 > > The problem is I can't install drivers for the printer on
Router/CUPS,I get the following error (followed the official instructions) :

Andy,
As I see it, the problem is that you want to install CUPS and drivers on
the router.
Why?
I don't think anyone here would try that.
We would approach the problem like this - CUPS and drivers on each client.
Treat the router as a "dumb" print server - "dumb" in this case meaning
that it has one or more pre-programmed print protocols that it listens
for, and if you address one of those correctly, it passes the print data
to the printer.

Greg