[cups.general] Printer ejects only a blank page

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Tue Oct 11 13:06:26 PDT 2011

I am using Cups 1.5.0 with FreeBSD-8.2/amd64. My printer is set up with
Cups and prints a test page perfectly.

The problem is if I go to print a document, say from my MUA or Firefox
and choose the printer from the pop-up menu, only a blank page is
ejected from the printer. Now, if I choose the "LPR" option the
document is printed normally. The printer is on a wireless network and
works fine from my Windows machines. On my FreeBSD machine, I have the
computer hooked up via cable to the router since there is no driver
available for the wireless card in the PC.

The Cups' log file indicates that everything printed perfectly, even
thought it obviously didn't.

I have no idea how to debug this problem. It just doesn't make any
sense.

--
Gerard ✌
gerard at seibercom.net