print queue to "Local Port" like in Windows

Brian gibson_brian at wheatoncollege.edu
Wed Oct 12 08:00:03 PDT 2011

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for the quick response. I was able to successfully run cupsctl FileDevice=yes and I rebooted the system to stop/start cups but I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to add the queue to point to the file. I tried using IP Printing, LPD printing, Windows printing and I also added the "Advanced" menu option within the Mac print setup area to see if there were other options. I also tried logging into the CUPS web management interface over localhost and adding it there but still had no luck. Do you happen to know how to set it up?

Thanks again, I appreciate all of your help.

- Brian