[cups.general] Printer ejects only a blank page

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Thu Oct 13 02:59:35 PDT 2011

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 15:55:42 -0700
Paul Conklin articulated:

> > On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 11:45:17 -0700
> > Paul Conklin articulated:
> >
> > > if you enable the file device and print to that, is it poscript or
> > > PCL?
> >
> > OK, you lost me. How do I do that?
>
> Ironically, Michael just posted how to about posts prior...
> http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?s23669+gcups.general+v23674+T0

OK, after following those instructions I tried to print a file. This is
the beginning of the file that was created:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0
%%Creator: GPL Ghostscript 902 (ps2write)
%%LanguageLevel: 2
%%CreationDate: D:20111013055027-04'00'
%%For: (gerard)
%%Title: (claws-mail job #8)
%RBINumCopies: 1
%%Pages: (atend)
%%BoundingBox: (atend)
%%EndComments
%%BeginProlog

This is the pertinent information from CUPS:

Driver:	Generic PostScript Printer (color, 2-sided printing)
Connection:	file:///usr/home/gerard/tmp/ps-test
Defaults:	job-sheets=none, none media=na_letter_8.5x11in sides=one-sided

I know that this might seem strange; however, I do remember this
working correctly under "CUPS 1.48". I recently updated to the 1.50
version (FreeBSD) and ever since then this problem has arisen.

--
Gerard ✌
gerard at seibercom.net