[cups.general] Create color / black and white queues from color printer

Daniel J. Soto sotorodriguez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 01:00:49 PDT 2011

Hi,

thanks very much for your replies.

There are one thing I don't understand: if I (1) remove the PDF.ppd (ppd for
the PDF printer) from /etc/cups/ppd/ and (2) restart CUPS and (3) send a job
to the PDF printer, then the PDF printer prints the job!!! why? The only
thing I can think is the printing system is not using the ppd files!

Could be possible to (re)use (only) the code of the CUPS web interface?
(admin printers, to configure options like page size or color schema).

Thanks in advance, again.

Regards,
Daniel.