slow between two print

girard matthieu.girard at trocante.fr
Thu Oct 20 03:17:28 PDT 2011

Hi,

   I really search every where.

   I was using cups on OpenSuse 10.2 cups 1.2.7
     and now i use Ubuntu on 11.04 cups 1.4.6
   I have Intermec printer for printing barcode.

   Before, i was able to send 300prints, the printer was able to print 3 documents per seconde.

   And now, it print 1 per seconde, have tried to put timeout=0 contimeout=0
but its just quicker for the first one.

my printers.conf file
<Printer etiq_cult>
Info etiqd3
DeviceURI lpd://192.168.0.103/etiqd3?timeout=0&contimeout=0
State Idle
StateTime 1319100158
Type 4
Accepting Yes
Shared Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
OpPolicy default
ErrorPolicy stop-printer
</Printer>

command line, the software execute for each document

lpr -P etiq_cult -o raw file1.txt
lpr -P etiq_cult -o raw file2.txt
lpr -P etiq_cult -o raw file300.txt

It's like cups wait that the print is ok to send the next one. But when i must print 500 barcode it means to wait more than 8 minutes

If you have an idea.
thk