Does cups support printing microsoft doc and ppt printing

chandrashekar chandu.ise at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 23:39:22 PDT 2011

> chandrashekar wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Can you please let me know if there is any option to enable cups printing
> > doc's and ppt files. Do I need to change in mime.types and mime.convs or
> > do i need to add seperate filters for these conversions.
>
> You may also look at the officetops filter at the cups.org links.
>
> Helge

Hi,

I am looking at officetops filter to get configured on my machine. I have 2 issues here.

1. when I launch spadmin Add Printer ->Choose PPD, which PPD to choose ? they say Acrobat Distiller where do I find it ? Ubuntu doesnt support such package right ?
2. when I do "su lp". I am unable to open soffice. Getting below error:
soffice.bin X11 error: Cant open display:
Set DISPLAY environment variable, use -display option.

Note: soffice is running only with root privilege.

How do I resolve these issues. Please help me out