[cups.general] Open firmware for printers, privacy?

Quiliro Ordóñez quiliro at congresolibre.org
Sun Oct 23 21:13:39 PDT 2011

I think what you show here is important. Usually nobody worries about
privacy until it is too late. Some people even ridicule those that take
it seriously. I remember the story about the man that did not worry
about persecution of ... because he was not ... until they came for him.
But then there was no one else to ask for help.

The issue of privacy and control is not very important for one person
but it is very important for all of us as a group. Thank you for raising
this issue, Jago Pearce. I am also interested in ways to circumvent this
on my hardware.