[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3916: Canon's proprietary driver for MF4370dn printer no longer works

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 5 00:33:59 PDT 2011

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

"Canon's proprietary stuff may depend on whatever details
of previous versions of whatever open source software
(e.g. Ghostscript or whatever else might be used by Canon)"

On openSUSE 12.1B1, 'zypper in cndrvcups-common-2.20...
cndrvcups-ufr2-us-2.20...' pulled in libglade-2_0.

I turns out that after I filed the Novell bug in March, Canon USA decided
to support my printer under Linux in North America, but I didn't discover
that until yesterday. Until then I had only looked to the Canon UK support
site for drivers. It turns out the Canon USA driver made available in May
includes the two above listed packages. The US version of ufr2,
timestamped the same December 2010 date as the EN UK version, was not
available previously, and apparently installing it on my EN US systems has
improved things. I can now get the test page and Okular to print properly
in both 11.4 and 12.1, but still print jobs from Konqueror and Firefox
never proceed far enough for any printing to occur, and opening
http://localhost:631/ -> Jobs always shows Konq & FF jobs either
processing or pending no matter how much time has passed, until I cancel
(delete) them. And, to print from Okular requires deleting all processing
and pending jobs first.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3916
Version: 1.4.6
Fix Version: Third-party