CUPS+HPLIP Laser printer print one page at time in multiple copies or multi multiple pages documents

Rollo Tommasi rollo at bmlabs.net
Tue Sep 13 08:51:47 PDT 2011

Hi Helge,

many thanks for the reply.

Il 13/09/2011 15.21, Helge Blischke ha scritto:

> As this printer natively supports PostScript (the spec says "HP PostScript 3
> emulation", buth that is perfectly OK), reconfigure the printer using the
> PostScript PPD

Ok, I changed PPD from PCL3 to postscript now, but the issue still remain.

$ lpoptions -d laserjet
auth-info-required=none copies=1 device-uri=hp:/net/HP_Color_LaserJet_CP2025n?ip=192.168.*.* finishings=3 job-hold-until=no-hold job-priority=50 job-sheets=none,none marker-change-time=0 number-up=1 printer-commands=AutoConfigure,Clean,PrintSelfTestPage printer-info='HP LaserJet CP2025N' printer-is-accepting-jobs=true printer-is-shared=true printer-location=Ufficio printer-make-and-model='HP Color LaserJet CP2020 Series Postscript (recommended)' printer-state=3 printer-state-change-time=1315928134 printer-state-reasons=none printer-type=8556620 printer-uri-supported=ipp://localhost:631/printers/LaserJet

Ok, but at this time site seems down due to the last attack at kernel.org. When they finishes to reinstall all the servers.. maybe.. :)

> Then the processing of the print job and
> submitting to the printer will occur in parallel.

But changing the PPD is sufficent to fix the issue? Could you explain me better? Thanks.

--
Regards,
Rollo