Make Browsing on take care of allowed/not allowed users

poilou o.bilhaut at fondation-misericorde.fr
Wed Sep 28 08:10:19 PDT 2011

Hi to all cups users and dev.

I'm pleased to configure my first cups print server.
I put a printer on it, set the sharing to "on" :
         x Share printers connected to this system
         x Allow printing from the Internet

I put my clients to listen for server broadcast, and the printer appear magically on the clients hosts after a few seconds.

But here's my question :
The printer's option "allowed user" is set to prevent some user to print.

I'd like to hide the printer for users which are not allowed to print on it.

But even if the user cannot use it because the server ask for a username and a password, the printer is shown to the user.

This could make a very long list of printer for only one printable.

Is there an option that I ignore or an developpement request?

Thanks.