getting cups-pdf to work

Jonathan spamme at ecybernard.com
Wed Sep 28 09:28:07 PDT 2011

Hello,

   I have been to these sites and still not helpful.  I did everything suggested at one point in time.  In regards to DEVICE_URI=file:///dev/null
I did not choose this.  I selected cups-pdf from a drop down and it automatically entered this value.  If the value is incorrect what is the correct value for a printer that is virtual.

Is this the correct value??
	ipp://192.168.0.1/printers/pdfPrinter
        or
        ipp://localhost/printers/PDFprinter

One of the websites your reference refers to:
/etc/cups/printers.conf
This file does not exist

I have a cups version of 1.4.6-7.8.1 and samba 3.6
I setup the printers with the web based cups GUI.

All the content on opensuse.org is approx 2 years old referencing out-of-date stuff.  For example references to OpenSuse 10.2 and cups 1.1

Later,
Jonathan