[cups.general] getting cups-pdf to work

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Sep 29 00:55:55 PDT 2011

Hello,

On Sep 28 09:26 Jonathan wrote (excerpt):
> One of the websites your reference refers to:
> /etc/cups/printers.conf
> This file does not exist

Your system (at least your CUPS installation) is broken.

Running openSUSE 11.2 with the Tumbleweed repository
might be the reason why your system is messed up because
Tumbleweed is not intended for older openSUSE versions.

> All the content on opensuse.org is approx 2 years old
> referencing out-of-date stuff.

It is up to date. Read it carefully and you will see
that CUPS 1.1 is mentioned to describe the differences
how it was with CUPS 1.1 compared to how it is nowadays.

Perhaps for you using the newest stuff via Tumbleweed things
like CUPS 1.1 is not of any interest. But at least I have also
users in mind who still run CUPS 1.1 in particular in business
environments where they do not or cannot upgrade all the time
to the newest stuff because they do not want to change their
stable running systems.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner